Delaware (9-5, 2-2 CAA) vs. William & Mary (2-10, 0-2 CAA)
DATE: Sunday, April 12, 2014
TIME: 1 p.m.
LOCATION: Delaware Stadium - Newark, Del.
Live stats for Sunday's matchup between the Blue Hens and Tribe will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women's lacrosse home games are live streamed, for free, via Hens All-Access at www.BlueHens.com.
Follow Delaware women's lacrosse online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensLacrosse and on Twitter at @DelawareWLax.
· The Blue Hens fell for the first time in 10 games at Delaware Stadium Friday with an 11-9 loss to James Madison.
· Previously, Delaware had not lost at home since March 31, 2013, when Towson outdid the Hens, 14-9.
· The Hens were held under 10 goals for the second straight game after posting at least 10 for the previous nine.
· UD is now 25-25 (.500) all-time at Delaware Stadium.
· With four goals against the Dukes, Shannon Hawley became the third player this season to reach 30 goals. Casey Lyons and Caitlin McCartney each eclipsed the mark earlier in the season. The last time a Delaware squad had at least three players tally 30 goals in a season came during the 2007 campaign.
· McCartney has recorded at least one point in 43 consecutive contests while Chelsea Fay has tallied at least one point in 40 straight games.
· Lizzie Duffey was honored this past week as the CAA Defensive Player of the Week.
· In her first season with the Blue Hens, Casey Lyons leads the team with 50 points (32 goals, 18 assists) with two regular season games remaining. The last time a UD player posted at least 50 points in a single season came in 2008 when Emily Schaknowski collected 56 on 36 goals and 27 assists. That year was also the last time a player had at least 18 assists in a season.
· Tori Zorovich is making a statement in her senior season, as she is 8-2 with 7.97 goals allowed per game and 71 total saves in 655 minutes played.
· William & Mary leads the all-time series against Delaware, 11-8.
· The Blue Hens have won two straight over the Tribe, including a 15-2 victory last season at Delaware Stadium.
· UD is 1-1 against W&M at Delaware Stadium.
· Delaware head coach Kateri Linville is in her fourth season with her alma mater and currently holds a career record of 32-32.
· Hillary Fratzke is in her first season as head coach at William & Mary after previously serving as an assistant coach at Northwestern for three seasons. Fratzke joined Northwestern’s staff after an exceptional playing career at Towson in which she earned IWLCA All-America honors three times and was a four-time All-CAA selection.
ABOUT WILLIAM & MARY
The Tribe enter Sunday’s game with records of 2-10 overall and 0-2 in the CAA, including three straight losses. William & Mary most recently fell at Towson, 16-11, Friday evening. Junior Alexi Farmakis led W&M with five points on four goals and one assist. On the season, Farmakis guides the Tribe with 22 overall points on 15 goals and seven assists. Taelor Salmon and Ellen Shaffrey have collected 20 points so far this season. With five draw controls against the Tigers, Shaffrey needs just three to break into the program’s career top-10 list. Colleen Nofi and Meredith Crizer have shared time in the cage. Each average about 13.7 goals per contest while Nofi has collected 47 saves and Crizer has 32 on the year.