Delaware (10-5, 3-2 CAA) vs. No. 16 Stony Brook (13-2, 4-0 America East)
DATE: Tuesday, April 22, 2014
TIME: 5 p.m.
LOCATION: Delaware Stadium - Newark, Del.
Live stats for Tuesday's matchup between the Blue Hens and Seawolves will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women's lacrosse home games are live streamed, for free, via Hens All-Access at www.BlueHens.com.
Follow Delaware women's lacrosse online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensLacrosse and on Twitter at @DelawareWLax.
· Delaware returns to the turf after an eight-day hiatus from competition.
· The Blue Hens earned their first berth into the CAA Tournament since the 2009 campaign with a 14-8 victory over William & Mary on April 13.
· The Hens are 7-1 at home this season and 26-25 (.510) all-time at Delaware Stadium.
· Shannon Hawley, Casey Lyons and Caitlin McCartney all have at least 30 goals on the season. The last time a Delaware squad had at least three players tally 30 goals in a season came during the 2007 campaign.
· McCartney has recorded at least one point in 44 consecutive contests while Chelsea Fay has tallied at least one point in 40 straight games.
· McCartney and Fay are currently tied for 13th place in school history with 112 career goals.
· In her first season with the Blue Hens, Lyons leads the team with 52 points (34 goals, 18 assists) with one regular season games remaining. The last time a UD player posted at least 50 points in a single season came in 2008 when Emily Schaknowski collected 56 on 36 goals and 27 assists. That year was also the last time a player had at least 18 assists in a season.
· Tori Zorovich is making a statement in her senior season, as she is 9-2 with 7.97 goals allowed per game and 76 total saves in 715 minutes played.
· Tuesday’s game is the first-ever matchup between the Delaware and Stony Brook women’s lacrosse programs.
· Delaware head coach Kateri Linville is in her fourth season with her alma mater and currently holds a career record of 33-32.
· Joe Spallina led Stony Brook to its second consecutive America East regular season title in his third season as the Seawolves’ head coach in 2014. Spallina is 44-10 during his three seasons at SBU and holds an overall career mark of 117-12 after spending four years at Adelphi.
ABOUT NO. 16 STONY BROOK
The No. 16 Seawolves have won 10 straight and most recently defeated New Hampshire, 15-5, to lock up a share of the regular season America East title for the second consecutive year. Stony Brook is 13-2 overall on the year with its lone losses coming to then- No. 7 Florida at No. 15 Notre Dame. Dorrien Van Dyke leads the team with 57 points on 42 goals and 15 assists while Michelle Rubino (32g, 20a) and Courtney Murphy (47g, 4a) have also posted at least 50 points this year. Kristin Yevoli guides the Seawolves with 35 draw controls while adding 31 groundballs and 13 caused turnovers. Goalie Frankie Caridi leads the nation by allowing just 4.70 goals per game with an NCAA-best .567 save percentage.