Blue Hens Madness
The University of Delaware invites fans of all ages to tip-off the 2012-13 Basketball Season with Blue Hens Madness on Friday, October 12. Bob Carpenter Center (BCC) Doors will open at 6:45 p.m.
Admission to Blue Hens Madness is FREE, however students and fans are asked to register online in advance. Students and fans are also encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to the Delaware Food Bank. For a list of most needed items click here.
For specific info regarding: BBall Season Ticket Holders | UD Students
Friday, 10/12- 7:30 p.m. @ Bob Carpenter Center
- Blue and yellow glowstick glasses to the first 1,000 fans in attendance;
- Special player introductions of the 2012-13 Blue Hens Men's and Women's Basketball teams;
- Performances by the UD Cheerleaders, Dance Team, Band, and YoUDee;
- High Flying Performance from the Air Elite Dunk Team;
- Music provided by Blue Hens favorite, DJ Andrew Hugh
- Intrasquad team scrimmages;
- Shooting contests featuring Blue Hens fans who will team up with select players from both the men's and women's basketball teams;
- Youth Dunk Competition sponsored by the Future Hens Club;
- Post-event autograph session exclusively for the first 200 kids (12 & under) in attendance. Vouchers will be distributed at the BCC main entrance on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 200 kids (12 & under) to grant them access to the post-event autograph session with the teams. One voucher per kid. Cards will be available, one per voucher, at the autograph session for signing. The autograph session is exclusively for those kids (12 & under) that receive the voucher for admittance upon entry;
- Surprise finale and much more...
For Basketball Season Ticket Holders
Basketball season ticket holders are invited to stop by the Guest Relations Spirit Station kiosk upon entering to receive fun flare for the season including items such as posters and spirit buttons, exclusively for season ticket holders.
For UD Students
The FREE official 2012-13 Cockpit Basketball Game T-shirt for the entire UD Basketball season will be distributed exclusively to UD students with a valid UD ID card that register in advance. The ONLY available opportunity to get the shirt is registering for Blue Hens Madness and attending the event. Shirts will be distributed on a priority basis to those that have registered by Wednesday, October 3. Sizes will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis following the event. UD students will check-in upon entering the BCC, and secure their number to receive their shirt following the event.
ALSO, UD students are invited to stay after Blue Hens Madness for the EXCLUSIVE FREE screening of the Amazing Spider-man hosted by SCPAB!
FREE bus transportation will be available to and from the following
locations: Rodney/Dickinson, Laird & Perkins. Buses will run from the locations to the event from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Return buses will leave form the BCC beginning at 11:30 p.m. following the movie.
Partial funding for the student portion of this project has been provided by the Department for Health and Social Services, Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health-State of Delaware through a grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Special Thanks to the following partners
The Food Bank of Delaware’s Most-Needed Items
- Hot and cold cereals
- Instant or shelf-stable milk
- Fruit juice
- Canned meats: ham, tuna, spam, vienna sausage, corned beef, turkey and chicken
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Pork and beans, refried beans, beans and rice
- Canned soups and stew
- Kidney, pinto, lima, black beans (dry) and green beans
- Mixed vegetables, corn, carrots, peas and other canned vegetables
- Long-grain rice and rice mixes;
- Pasta, macaroni and cheese, instant potatoes and pasta mixes/hamburger helper
- Applesauce, pineapple, peaches, apricots, pears, mixed fruit and other canned fruits
- Spaghetti sauce