Future Hens Club/UDAF Open For Entries To Second Annual Holiday Greeting Cards
October 21, 2011
Card designed by Alexis Bedford, age 11, last year's winner of the University of Delaware Athletics Holiday Card Contest.
NEWARK, Del. -- With the leaves changing colors and the weather cooling down, the Future Hens Club and the University of Delaware Athletic Fund have announced the second annual Holiday Greeting Card contest.
All children 12 & under are encouraged to submit an original design that celebrates the holiday season and Blue Hens Athletics. The winning artwork will be published on the cover of the University of Delaware Athletic Fund 2011 Holiday Greeting Card.
The holiday card is sent to friends and supporters of the University of Delaware Athletic Department. All design details are listed below. If submitting an entry, please complete the following Holiday Card Contest Entry Form to be mailed with the artwork.
Each card should meet the following criteria:
• Submissions should be on 8.5 x 11 paper and landscape orientation.
• Any medium or combination of media may be used, including crayons, line drawings, watercolor, paint, etc.
• No light pencil, coloring book, traced, or computer-generated entries, please.
• All entries must be on white paper. Please do not fold entries.
• Artwork will not be returned.
• Avoid using glitters or sparkles.
• Please note that the design should celebrate the holiday season and not be specific to any religious celebration.
• Only one entry per artist. Each entry must include a completed official entry form that includes the artist’s name, age, address, and phone number.
• Contest is open to children 12 & under.
• Artwork must be the artist’s original creation.
The winner of the 2011 Holiday Greeting Card Contest will be notified in December. All contest submissions are due to the Future Hens Club by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 28.
Please submit artwork to:
Future Hens Club
University of Delaware
Bob Carpenter Center
631 South College Avenue
Newark, DE 19716
For more information, please contact the Future Hens Club by either email (FutureHensClub@admin.udel.edu) or by phone (302) 831-8961
Back To News Home News Story Archive