University of Delaware Field Hockey Announces Upcoming Events and Camps for Youths, Coaches, and Parents
March 23, 2011
NEWARK, Del. -- New University of Delaware field hockey head coach Rolf Van de Kerkhof and his staff have announced several upcoming field hockey camps and events for players, coaches, and parents to learn more about the game and have fun.
Among the events scheduled at Rullo Stadium during the upcoming spring and summer are:
• Delaware Friday Nights Under the Lights sponsored by Impact Sports & Health - April 15, Apr. 22, and Apr. 29
• Delaware Fun Play Day Clinic by Impact Sports & Health - May 1
• National Field Hockey Coaches Association Coaches Clinic - May 14
• Delaware Field Hockey Camps by Impact Sports & Health - June 22-23-24
• Delaware Field Hockey Camps by Impact Sports & Health - July 18-19-20-21
• Delaware Field Hockey Camps by Impact Sports & Health - July 28-29-30-31
• Pre-Season collegiate practice – open to the public - August 20 or 21
• Pre-Season scrimmage between Boston University and the University of Delaware - open to the public - August 24
To register for the camps and to learn more about all of the events, check out www.delawarefieldhockey.net, call Laree Beans at the the Blue Hen field hockey office at 302-831-0881, or email email@example.com.
"We are excited about offering this series of fun and top-notch field hockey events to those players, coaches and parents who want to come out to enjoy and learn more about the game of field hockey,” said Van de Kerkhof, who comes to Delaware with an extensive international and collegiate coaching background, including serving the last five years as head coach at nationally-ranked Michigan State. “They will get a taste of what it is like playing and coaching at the next level up from high school and club field hockey. This is another opportunity for Blue Hen field hockey to promote and develop our sport here on the East Coast.”
The Delaware Field Hockey Camps will include events on June 22-24 (day camp from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.), July 18-21 (overnight and commuter camp), and July 28-31 (overnight and commuter camp). The June 22-24 camp is $289 per camper while the July camps are $459 for overnight campers and $375 for commuter campers. Discounts are available for all three camps.